What Do Coaches Do?
"Coaches listen." That's my first response when someone asks "what do coaches do?" You know you are working with a good life coach when you find yourself listening to yourself, understanding things about yourself on a different level ... you begin to make sense of what you already know.
Professionally trained and certified Life Coaches believe that people are the experts in their own lives ... everything life coaches do is based on that belief.
Life coaches help you get results. What kind of results? When people ask "What does a coach do?" I explain that a life coach gets great results for you because she helps you ...
- identify and make the most of your personal strengths
- shift your energy levels and develop positive attitudes and emotions
- turn life's changes and challenges into opportunities
- identify your inner blocks and get rid of them
- figure out what your dreams and goals really are
- design your own action plans to achieve your dreams and goals
Life Coaches ask powerful, intuitive questions, questions that are key to the energetic coaching process. These questions are empowering, they help you explore your inner expert to discover your purpose, your dreams, and your passions.
Life Coaches support you, challenge you, and motivate you to achieve extraordinary things and make positive changes in your life.
When you work with a life coach, she helps you ...
- Stretch your limits. She helps you challenge yourself. She guides you to set goals that step out beyond your comfort level ~ with your permission of course! Coaches don't push, they open space for you to move forward.
- Break through resistance. Sometimes you know what you want to do, what you are perfectly capable of doing .... but you consistently resist doing it. Your life coach helps you break through to that resistance to do what you really want to do with your life and be "who" you are.
- Get past your Energy Blocks. Once you've identified your Energy Blocks, with your life coach's help, you can reduce their power in your everyday life. Those energy blocks can include any Limiting Beliefs, Assumptions, and Gremlins you may have that prevent you from moving forward.
- Re-frame your world. There is power in adjusting how you look at the world ... even the smallest of adjustments in language can make huge differences in your perceptions. For example, when you learn to change the words "I'll try" to "I will" or "I have to" to "I choose to" you've re-framed how you approach a goal or a project. Simply re-framing those little words breaks through all kinds of resistance and creates positive energy.
- Raise your awareness and notice your energy. Your life coach helps you to be consciously aware of your energy levels, your thoughts, your feelings, behaviors, perceptions, judgments... ah geeze! there are so many things to discover about your inner and your outer self. That is what I love to help you do when I work as your Positive Changes Coach!
International Coach Federation Answers the Question,
"What Do Coaches Do?'
The ICF is the International Coach Federation, the largest and most reputable coach credentialing organization in the world and here is how they summarize the answer to "what do coaches do?"
"Through the process of coaching, coaches help clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.
In each meeting, the client chooses the focus of conversation, while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions. This interaction creates clarity and moves the client into action. Coaching accelerates the client's progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice.Coaching concentrates on where clients are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future.
ICF member coaches and ICF credentialed coaches recognize that results are a matter of the client's intentions, choices and actions, supported by the coach's efforts and application of the coaching process."
How To Deal With Change Coaches can help you figure out how to deal with uninvited changes that come your way. They also work with you to consciously make important change in your life.
Using the SMART goal setting tool will help you achieve well-formed outcomes. This is a tool you can implement yourself or with the help of a good life and personal development coach...
What is a Life Coach?
Return from What Do Coaches Do to Positive Changes Coach Home Page